Full Depth Repairs
What are Full Depth Repairs?
Like most things, roads degrade and suffer the effects of wear and tear and other forms of damage. When business owners consider the areas in which they may have to invest in their organizations, they don’t often think of road repairs, but well-maintained roads are not only safer, they are far more asethically appealing than roads that looks like a miniturized volcanic region. Since you may have both employees and customers pulling into your company’s driveway, you’ll want to make a good impression, and even the conditions of the roads surrounding your organization can speak volumes about how your business operates.
One of most effective courses of treatment for road damage is full depth repairs. Full depth repairs are a preventive technique that helps strengthen the durablity of pavement, making it last longer. Once repairs are complete, the pavement is more structurally sound and provides better rideability. Joint spalling, longitudinal cracks, blowups, corner breaks and transverse cracks are among the problems that can be helped with this procedure.
Whether it’s road work in a residential, commerical or industrial area, we have the knowledge and skills to get the job done. It doesn’t matter if it’s a long road, wide road, small driveway or a large parking lot that needs fixing, our team can get the job done quickly and effectively.
Some of the Reasons For Keeping Well-Maintained Roads Include:
- Taking care of a problem sooner than later can help you save money in the long run
- Car damage such as flat tires and misalignment can occur due to issues with uneven driving surfaces
- Poorly maintained roads can cause wear and tear on vehicles that could otherwise be prevented
- Parking lots, driveways and roads will experience better functionality
- Roads with heavier damage place drivers at a greater risk for injury
- The appearance of a company’s buildings, carpets, office areas as well as the surrounding roads say a lot about a business and can potentially impact its success
Some of the Benefits of Road Repairs Include:
- Service time is extended
- Loading impact is reduced
- Improved rideability
- Well-defined uniform joint sealant resevoir restoration
- Improvements in structual integrity
How Are Full Depth Repairs Performed?
To perform full depth repairs, a full-depth slab is removed. Existing rigid pavement is then replaced with cast-in-place technique. When areas that need repair work that are located close together it is more cost effective to have the entire area replaced with a larger slab, which can be as wide and as long as a whole slab. The minimum length required is usually six feet. There are many different materials that can be used in full depth repairs, and the ones selected are typically dependent on a project’s funding, design and environmental requirements. Proprietary materials, special cements and portland cement concrete (PCC) mixtures are the more common materials used.
Repair Work Generally Involves the Following:
- Identifying distressed areas
- Planning removal strategies and recording dimensions
- Preparing the surface
- Joint preparation
- Inspecting the surface
- Use of bonding agents
- Use of replacement materials
- Sealing joints
Quality Repair Work
Regardless of what the size or type of business you operate is, we offer high-quality, reliable services that you can count on. Repair work at schools and universities, churches and residential areas are just some of the places we have proven our level of professionalism and expertise. We guarantee we’ll get the job done as quickly as possible, so your business can keep moving down the road to success.